Sunday 10 July 2011

Reading...a form of healing...

I heard a nice saying the other day… If God wanted you to look at your past and keep moving he would have given you eyes at the back of your head…but you have them in the front cause it’s the future that he wants you to concentrate on. No one is saying forget your past but don’t make that your basis to live, Keep the memories and move on….Aim for the future!!!

Whatever memories you have of the past, if good remember them and if bad take a lesson from them and try to forget them…..Ctrl+Alt+Delete….. J

All such philosophical talking comes from books….I love them…given a choice between a clothes store and a book store I would happily go hopping into the bookstore….Yes, I know many won’t believe me but I am like that…. J

Anyone looking for a light reading, I would like to recommend a book I read recently, Preeti Shenoy’s 34 Bubblegums and Candies.



A friend of mine was quite stressed with work and personal matters, when I gave him the book to read, he said “ Looks like a girly book”……I just told him to shut up and reminded him of the famous old line ‘Do not judge a book by its cover’….he sent me a text the moment he read the first story saying he liked it….well there are reasons behind it and everyone will have their own reasons….but what the heck there was a smile on his face….0.1% stress released… J

So yes, coming back to the book, don’t go by the cover and the title, if you want a break and want to read some light stories which may make you smile and happy, I recommend you read 34 Bubblegums and Candies. It contains stories from the author’s own life….some everyday incidents which leaves you thinking as deep as you want or just leaves you smiling.

Happy Reading….and Keep Smiling…!!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment